Established in 2009, the Newfoundland and Labrador Housing and Homelessness Network works with ten regional Community Advisory Boards and other stakeholders to identify and address issues and challenges related to housing and homelessness in rural and remote communities across our province. The Network was incorporated as a non-profit organization in March 2013 and became a registered charity in 2021. In addition to collaborating with our Community Advisory Boards and other stakeholders, the Network operates the Provincial Learning Centre and the Network Café. The Provincial Learning Centre is an ideal training/meeting space that is utilized by the Network to offer in-person, virtual, and blended training opportunities to front-line organizations across the province, and is also available to be rented for public or private training, conferences, and events. The Network Café is a social enterprise that operates as a small restaurant providing catering to the Provincial Learning Centre. The Network Café provides training and employment in a supportive and non-judgmental environment for persons who face barriers entering or re-entering the workforce.
Our Mission and Vision
We strive to be a provincial voice and advocate on the unique challenges of rural and remote housing and homelessness issues in Newfoundland and Labrador. We work to shape conversations and the response to these issues.
○ Innovation: We embrace changes and challenges in innovative ways.
○ Inclusion: We are committed to leaving no one behind, we meet people where they are.
○ Collaboration: We work collaboratively and creatively with partners and stakeholders.
○ Responsiveness: We respond appropriately to identified needs with respect and dignity.
○ Support: We support the people who support the people with housing and homelessness needs.